FAQs about us…F.R.E.D.
How can I sign up for F.R.E. D?
What are the hardware and software specifications for F.R.E.D?
How quickly will the deposit be credited to my account?
How quickly will the funds be available for me to use?
Are there any types of checks that cannot be submitted using F.R.E.D?
How should I endorse the check?
What else will I need to do to send in my deposit?
How long should I hold on to my check(s) after I scan it using F.R.E.D?
If I have questions, where can I go to receive help?
How can I sign up for F.R.E.D?
You can register for F.R.E.D. by logging in to NetTeller and clicking on F.R.E.D. at the top of the page. You will need to have a valid email address.
In order to use F.R.E.D, you must have the following:
1. Microsoft® Windows® 2000, XP or Vista
2. Internet Explorer®, version 7.0 or higher
3. High-speed Internet connection
4. TWAIN-compliant document scanner (To find out if your scanner is compliant, please refer to the documentation that was supplied with the scanner. For help with your scanner, log in to NetTeller account and click on F.R.E.D. on the top navigation bar. Then click on “Help with Scanners and Drivers” near the bottom of the screen.)
- Windows® XP or Vista with Internet Explorer® 7 or Firefox®* 3 Web browser OR
- Mac* OS X 10.5 with Safari 3.1 or Firefox® 3 Web browser
*Requires Java runtime environment v1.5+
Checks submitted for deposit prior to 4:15 PM (M, T, TH & F) & 12:45 PM (Wednesday) Eastern Standard Time (EST) will be credited to your account on the same business day. Deposits submitted after 4:15 PM (M, T, TH & F) & 12:45 PM (Wednesday) EST will be credited to your account on the next business day. Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Please refer to our Funds Availability Policy in the Truth in Savings booklet to find out how soon your deposit will be available for your use.
The following items cannot be submitted for deposit using F.R.E.D:
1. Savings Bonds
2. Foreign Checks
3. Checks previously endorsed by FTFCU
4. Any item that is “stale dated” or “post dated”
5. Any item that is incomplete (i.e. missing the date, missing the payee, etc.)
6. Any item that contains evidence of alteration to the information on the check
7. Any item stamped with a "non negotiable" watermark.
8. Any item drawn on your Franklin Trust Federal Credit Union account.
The back of each check must include:
1. The words “Remotely Captured via F.R.E.D. for Deposit Only at Franklin Trust FCU”
2. The account number to which the check is being deposited
3. Today’s date (mm/dd/yyyy)
4. The payee’s signature
PLEASE NOTE: If the back of the check is not properly endorsed, we reserve the right to reject the check for deposit.
After you endorse the back of the check(s) according to the indications above, you will need to do the following:
1. Log in to your NetTeller account
2. Click on F.R.E.D. at the top of the page
3. Select your scanner (you will only need to do this one time)
4. Enter the total deposit amount of your check(s)
5. Scan the front and back of your check(s)
6. Review and submit your deposit
Once you have scanned your check(s) and your deposit has been credited to your account, you should securely store the original check(s) for 60 days before destroying it.
If you are within the F.R.E.D. section of NetTeller, you can select “Help” or “?” as you begin the transaction and you will see information specific to the page you are on. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (860) 296-4379.